Monday, March 28, 2011

House Ideas

If all goes well, we should be closing on our first home tomorrow! I have been trying to decide on how to decorate the home. Here are some of the ideas I've found.

I love this dining set by Mackenzie. I also love the wall color. I am thinking about painting our living room/dining room in that color.

I love these curtains by West Elm for the living/dining room or possibly the master bedroom.

I love these rugs...I just am hoping to find a less expensive version of them.

I did end up going with the hickory flooring. I loved the bamboo, too, but the finish on the hickory was more of a matte and it was distressed so nicks and dirt won't be as obvious on it. Thanks to all of you for your opinions.

We are going to paint our kitchen cabinets white. I haven't decided on the counter tops yet. I am having a hard time finding something in our budget. Here are some kitchens I really am liking.

Source: Country Living
I like the contrast of the counters here. I believe this is soapstone, which I think is really cool.

Below: Source
I also like the lighter counter tops with the pop of color. I love the farmhouse/apron sinks in both of these kitchens.
We are excited to have a room for an office. I love all the color in this desk/crafting area.
I like the contrasting shelf.

I can't decide on a color for the master, but I am thinking of something like this.
Aren't these sheets by Garnett Hill adorable? I think they would be so cute on my daughter's bed when she gets older.
And I love this great quote board from Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment