- Don't procrastinate - it stresses you and your family out - do whatever needs to be done by tomorrow today (or sooner!)
- Give yourself extra time to get somewhere (including work) so if a delay occurs it won't be stressful
- Plan to be flexible - you may have to wait at the doctor's office longer than intended so always carry a book with you; if you run out of time while working on something realize that not everything has to be perfect
- Write things down - don't rely on your memory - it is stressful having to remember everything
- Count your blessings - things will go wrong but look at all the good things happening in your life
- Eliminate self-destructive talk...do the best "you" can do
- Forgive others. No one is perfect and neither are you. Accept that fact.
- Be kind to others and don't hold grudges. It is stressful being in a fight with others or holding grudges.
- Make friends with positive people. Being around negative people and people who are always worrying brings you down and stresses you out! Remember this post about filling others buckets.
- Organize your home and workplace so you know where everything is. Check out these ideas and these ideas, too.
- Eliminate unnecessary activities from your life.
- Do one thing at a time. Focus on your current task and not everything else you need to do.
- Learn to ask for help.
- Take time to exercise at least 3 times each week - go on a run, take a yoga class, etc.
- Take a few minutes each day to just sit and think without the tv, music, etc.
Meditation brings your body, mind, emotions, and spirit into harmony.
- Take a bath an add a few drops of lavender essential oil. Lavender is known for relaxing the body and relieving stress.