Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fresh Salsa

I thought I would get one more healthy recipe posted before all the yummy fall desserts start next week. Some of you still may have fresh garden tomatoes and peppers, which would be perfect in this salsa. I dream of having a yard some day and growing fresh veggies, but for now I use store bought produce and it still tastes delicious. I've adapted this recipe from a recipe my mom was given by a friend.


Fresh Salsa

8 cups chopped Roma tomatoes (after chopping)
1 large sweet onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 jalapenos, chopped (don't remove seed if you want more heat)
1 Serrano pepper (seeded and diced)
1 Anaheim pepper (seeded and diced)
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 lime, squeezed
Cilantro to taste (I use about 1/4 cup chopped)

Wash tomatoes and peppers well. Chop tomatoes and onions by hand. Put in medium size bowl. Seed green bell pepper and place in chopper, if you have one. These can be chopped by hand. Put on pair of plastic gloves and cut jalepenos, serrano, and anaheim peppers. Seed peppers and roughly chop before placing in chopper. You may leave the seeds in jalepeno if you like more heat. The serrano pepper is extremely hot, so I don't recommend leaving the seeds in that one. For information on peppers check out this link. Add peppers to bowl. Then add pressed garlic, garlic salt, lime juice, and cilantro. Enjoy with tortilla chips, on tops of tacos, quesedillas, or with toasted pitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment