Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tasty Tuesday: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I get excited when we have a few ripe bananas to use, because that means I can make banana bread. I have tried lots of different recipes for banana bread, but this is my favorite. It is moist and the chocolate chips make it more like a dessert than a bread.


Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Makes one large and one small loaf


Wet ingredients:

3 medium bananas mashed

1 cup sugar

½ cup butter, softened

¼ cup milk

1 tsp vanilla

2 eggs


Dry ingredients:

2 cups flour

1 tsp soda

½ tsp salt

Chocolate chips to taste (I usually add about half a bag)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bread pans with cooking spray. Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl (mix the milk in last). Mix the dry ingredients together and combine with the wet ingredients. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes for large loaf and 40 minutes for small loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment