Monday, January 28, 2013

How to Make Your Own Soap


My son is a lego-maniac, so naturally this past year he wanted to lego party.  I found this cool lego mold (they even have the lego figure molds).  I used the mold to make chocolates to go on top of the cupcakes, which unfortunately melted in the summer heat.  So keep the chocolate cool if you are going to be having an outdoor party in the heat! 
 
 I decided to make lego soap as a party favor because I had a big block of glycerin soap to use and I had the lego mold.  


Making the soap is easy.  You simply cut off a piece of soap from the block and slowly melt in the microwave.  Stirring after one minute and then about every 30 seconds or so.  You can then add soap dye to color the soap and then add a fragrance oil if you so desire.  You mix the dye and fragrance in the melted soap and then pour into your mold and let set.  That's it!  Super easy and a fun party favor or gift for a friend! Below you can see the lego soap we handed out to his friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment