Thursday, November 4, 2010

Preschool Activities: The Letter L

I have been having learning activities based around one letter each week with my three year old. He loves doing his school work. I am still working out an exact routine, but I thought I'd begin sharing what I am doing so far. This may give you some ideas to use with with your preschoolers.

Supplies Needed for Letter L Week:
-Broken yellow, red, and orange crayons
-Wax paper
-Iron
-Googly eyes
-Black yarn
-Yellow paper

Books Needed for Letter L Week:
-Llama Mama books by Anna Dewdney*
-Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino (also on DVD)*
-Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
-Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson*
-Leaves by David Ezra Stein
-Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
-Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen*
-The Happy Lion by Lousie Fatio*
-If I Were a Lion by Sarah Weeks
-The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle
-Ladybug Girl by David Soman
-Are you a Ladybug by Judy Allaen and Tudor Humphries
*The books my son and I enjoyed the most and I'd enjoy in our library collection.

Llama Day:
-Read Llama Mama books by Anna Dewdney
-Watch (or read) Is Your Mama a Llama by Deborah Guarino

Leaves Day:
-Read Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert, Fletcher and the Falling Leaves by Julia Rawlinson, Leaves by David Ezra Stein, and Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert
-Make wax leaves
-Go on a walk and collect leaves and come home and glue them as a collage on a piece of paper

Lion Day:
-Read Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen, The Happy Lion by Lousie Fatio, and If I Were a Lion by Sarah Weeks
-Make Lion craft

Ladybug Day:
-Read The Grouchy Ladybug by Eric Carle, Ladybug Girl by David Soman, and Are you a Ladybug by Judy Allaen and Tudor Humphries
-Ladybug activities

No comments:

Post a Comment