Monday, August 9, 2010

Zucchini Brownies


A friend recently gave me some zucchini, so I decided to make zucchini brownies. My mom would makes these every summer when we had more zucchini in our garden than we knew what to do with. You do have to have a bit a of paradigm shift before you eat these brownies. They aren't super sweet and rich like my other brownie recipe. These are extremely moist but just a little sweet. They only have a 1/2 cup sugar compared to my other recipe that has six cups between the brownie and frosting. So if you are watching what you are eating like I am, this is a good way to get a little bit of sweetness without all the sugar.

Zucchini Brownies

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 egg
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
2 cups shredded zucchini
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

Mix first five ingredients together and then add the flour, salt, and soda. Finally, add the zucchini and nuts and chocolate chips (if using). Pour into a greased 8"x8" pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Erika, these were amazing! I chose to add the chocolate chips; and the brownies were soft, gooey, chocolaty goodness. Oh so yummy! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete