Saturday, August 21, 2010

Potty Training Resources

At the beginning of the month we began potty training my son. He has the concepts down, but we are still working on perfecting it. I've found a lot of good resources along the way that I thought I would share with you.

Books for Parents:
Potty train your child in just one day by Teri Crane
Potty Training 1-2-3: What Works, How it Works, Why it Works by Gary Ezzo and Anne Marie Ezzo

Books for Kids:
I checked out about all the children's potty books out there and these were mine and my son's favorites.

The Princess and the Potty
Everyone Poops
The Potty Book for Boys (or Girls)
The New Potty (Little Critter)
Max's Potty

Movies:
Potty Power - For Boys and Girls
Potty Time with Elmo

Potty Charts:
You can print out a great chart for boys here and girls here. Then grab some great stickers to post on the chart each time your child uses the potty.

Potty Supplies:
Gerber Training Pants - I like these because they are underwear (and not Pullups) but they are padded so if your child does have an accident they absorb a lot of it but still don't feel like a diaper like a Pullup does.

Safety 1st Comfy Cushy 3-in-1 Potty
I prefer the potty seats that connect to the toilet for easy cleanup, but I also like having a potty seat for times when I am busy and can't sit in the bathroom with my son. He can sit on his potty seat and watch a movie in the living room while he sits and waits. It isn't fun to cleanup but it isn't as bad as cleaning up messy underwear. It also doubles as a stool which is handy for washing hands after using the potty.

Mommy's Helper Contoured Cushie Tushie Potty Seat
This is a great little seat. It is soft and it also has a fairly big opening (unlike the potty seat, which is pretty small).

Treats and prizes - I give my son a sticker on the potty chart after using the potty and a small treat for going number one and I have big prizes for going number 2 (like a hotwheels truck).

No comments:

Post a Comment