Sunday, March 28, 2010

No Bake Cookies

As usual, I was craving something sweet but I didn't have any eggs in the house. I decided to make no-bake cookies. This is just a recipe combination I have made up to fit my tastes preferences. It is one of those recipes you can adapt to what you have on hand.

No Bake Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (can substitute cocoa)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like using all natural since it doesn't have any added sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oats (quick or regular)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional, can add more than 1/2 cup if desired)

Combine butter, milk, and sugar in saucepan. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and quickly whisk in chocolate chips and peanut butter. Add vanilla. Then mix in oats, coconut, and nuts. Place drops of mixture on piece of wax paper to set. Makes 20 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. These sound so good! I think I will try out the recipe. I love no bake cookies, but I have never made them. I'm glad I checked your blog today.

    ReplyDelete