Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Easter Cupcake Bouquet


This is another fun idea from No Fuss Fabulous that I switched up a bit. Cupcakes are such fun foods and putting them together in a bouquet is a fun way to serve them.

You will need:
1 cake mix (I used strawberry)
Frosting (see recipe below)
Skewers
Foam ball
Bucket/pail (just big enough to fit foam ball - not too big)
Easter candy toppers/premade candy melts
Easter grass (optional)

Butter cream frosting

2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 tsp vanilla


Prepare your cake mix and then bake your mini-cupcakes. One cake mix will make about 60 mini-cupcakes. You only will need about 20 for the bouquet. Make your frosting (see recipe above).

I cut my skewers into thirds and placed in the foam ball. I placed ball inside my Easter pail. My pail was a bit big for the ball so I bought Easter grass to fill in the gap on the side.

Place a dab of frosting on the cupcake and then place Easter candy on top.

Place cupcake on the skewer on the foam ball. Follow this process until your bouquet is finished.


You could also do smaller bouquets and place them in a tin can. I covered mine with a sandwich baggie and tied with a ribbon so people could take and eat then or later. My cupcakes were so soft that some of my cupcakes didn't say onto the skewer well, but overall it turned out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment