Friday, March 5, 2010

Cleaning up your computer

My sister-in-law introduced me to a free program that cleans up cookies, internet histories, temporary files, and unused computer files. It is called CCleaner. I just installed it and ran it. In the bottom photo you can see all the files it found it recommended to remove.

To run the program, first visit the CCleaner site. Once their click on "Download CCleaner now..." or you can first get a quick tour.
Next, you will be taken to a screen that will redirect you in 10 seconds or just click the link to get to the following screen faster. Once on the "Piriform" page, select one of the two programs circled in red. I chose the second, "Alternative Download."

Then you will follow standard install procedures. Once it is installed, you can run the program. I chose the "Analyze" button first so you can see what is found in the scan before permanently deleting and then choose "Run."
I will definitely be using this program more regularly. I am actually wiping my computer this weekend and installing Win7. I have archived all my old photos and won't be storing all of them on my computer either. I also am excited to install Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements (video program). More on fun projects using these programs to come as I have time to play around with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment