Monday, January 25, 2010

Songs for your home videos

I recently made a home movie using video footage and favorite photos from 2009. Some of the video I leave "as is" and don't add music, but for most of the video I have songs going along with the movie to make it more entertaining and enjoyable to watch. I find I spend a lot of time finding "the right song" to go with my photos. Here are some songs I've used that may help you when creating your movies.

For babies/kids:
One Day Old by Woodie Guthrie
Little Sack of Sugar by Elizabeth Mitchell
Who’s My Pretty Baby by Elizabeth Mitchell
Baby Face by Regis Philbin
You are My Sunshine (many versions)
I Am a Child of God
I Like to Move It by Reel to Real
My Girl by The Temptations
Apples and Bananas (all kinds of versions - great for tasting first solid food)
Bad Day by Daniel Powter (baby’s aren’t always all smiles)
You and Me by Frances England
Just to See You Smile by Tim McGraw
Bubbly by Colbie Caillat
Let's Hear it for the Boy by Deniece Williams (Chorus only)

Family Photos:
How Sweet it is by James Taylor
ABC 123 by The Jackson 5
American the Beautiful (great for outdoor vacation photos)
America by Neal Diamond (4th of July pics)
We are Family by Sister Sledge
Don’t Worry be Happy by Bobby McPherin
I Have Been Blessed by Martina McBride
I Love My Life by Jamie O'Neal
Settlin' by Jamie O'Neal
The Climb by Milie Cyrus
Beautiful World (and we're all here) by Jim Brickman and Adam Crossley
Somebody's Hero by Jamie O'Neal
Who I Am by Jessica Andrews
Heads Carolina, Tails California by JoDee Messina
Life is a Highway by Rascal Flatts
Over the Rainbow by John Darnell
Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
Aloha Oe by John Darnell (for Hawaii pictures)
O How the Years Go By by Amy Grant

Love:
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Baby I Love You
Love Song by Sara Barielles
I Cross My Heart by George Strait

Birthdays:
Celebration by Kool and the Gang
Next 30 Years by Tim McGraw (okay, for a 30th bday)
A Little Less Conversation by Elvis (this is great for a 1st bday when the child devours the cake)

Summer:
Beach Boys (look at their summer album on itunes)

Halloween:
Thriller by Michael Jackson
I Want Candy (Chorus only, since it really isn't about the candy you eat)

Upbeat:
Footloose by Kenny Loggins (my little guys love to dance so this was great)
Don't Worry, Be Happy by Bobby McFerin
Chicken Dance

Background Music (when playing music with video footage that has talking):
Come Softly to me by the Fleetwoods
Favorite piano or classical music cd
Boston Pops or favorite orchestra (for visiting an aquarium I found "Under the sea" by I believe the Orlando Pops orchestra and it worked great with my footage)

Thanksgiving:
Thankful by Josh Groban

Christmas:
Your favorite songs from your Christmas collection

1 comment:

  1. A couple more good ones...
    Blessed by Brett Dennen
    Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows
    Do You Remember by Jack Johnson

    ReplyDelete