Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Cake Roll

Today for the 'Gotta Love Pumpkin series, I will be sharing my husband's favorite fall treat. The Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Cake Roll. It is delicious! Isn't anything with cream cheese is divine? So, here goes...

Ingredients
4 eggs
1 1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Cream Cheese Filling
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
6 tbl butter
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla

Directions

Beat eggs with mixer on high for five minutes.


Gradually add in the sugar. Stir in the pumpkin and lemon juice. Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt and add to the pumpkin mixture.

Line a cookie sheet pan with wax paper. Grease the paper and then pour batter onto the pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.


Turn the cake onto a kitchen towel coated in powdered sugar and roll and let cool.


Once cool, unroll and frost with cream cheese filling. For the filling, mix the softened butter and cream cheese. Then add the vanilla and powdered sugar.


Once the inside is frosted reroll and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Cut and serve. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Norm wants me to make this, but I'm scared of what it will do to my waistline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Ha! Seriously. I've got to start getting these desserts out of my house more quickly or this holiday season could be bad for my waistline, too!

    ReplyDelete