Monday, August 24, 2009

Preserved for a special purpose

I work with the youth in our church and I am so impressed with them. They are vibrant, smart, spiritual, and righteous. We talked about the second coming of the Savior today and our role in preparing the world. God has saved each of us for this day. We each have gifts and talents that can help make a difference in spreading God's word. I love this quote by H. Burke Peterson:

"My dear friends, you are a royal generation. You were preserved to come to the earth in this time for a special purpose. Not just a few of you, but all of you. There are things for each of you to do that no one else can do as well as you...If you will let Him, I testify that our Father in Heaven will walk with you through the journey of life and inspire you to know you special purpose here."

You weren't set to earth at this time and place by accident--God has a plan for you. So today, I encourage you to think of your gifts and talents and how you can use them to make this world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment