Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Product Highlight: Brown Rice Pasta

I try to buy healthful foods for our family by purchasing whole wheat bread, tortillas, pasta, and brown rice. My husband likes wheat bread but he doesn't like the healthy version of the other foods listed, especially wheat pasta. Last spring I was introduced to brown rice pasta. For the past 10 months I have been buying this pasta and my husband hasn't even noticed it isn't regular pasta. I am blowing my secret here, but hopefully he'll still like it after he knows what he has really been eating!

I purchase my brown rice pasta at Trader Joe's. It comes in two varieties - spaghetti & fusilli (the curly noodles). If you don't have a Trader Joe's nearby, check your local grocery store that sells organic products. It really tastes great. I admit I don't think wheat pasta is as tasty as regular, but the brown rice pasta is just as good if not better tasting than regular. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment