Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Creating picture collages in Picasa

One of the card ideas I would like to show you for Valentine’s Day requires the use of Picasa or some similar program that creates collages. Picasa is Google’s web album that allows you to edit pictures and create collages. If you do not have Picasa already, click this link to download it to your computer. For this demonstration I use Picasa version 3 (the previous version doesn’t have all these collage options).


Once you have downloaded Picasa open it up and select the pictures you would like and put them in the hold tray to use for your collage. If you aren’t sure how to do that, click this link.


Once you select the pictures you would like in the collage, click the “Collage” button in the photo tray (located at the bottom of screen). Once you are on the collage creation page, you can use the “Settings” and “Clips” tabs to control the appearance of your collage. You can do things such as chose a background color, outline the collage pictures, select the size & page orientation of the collage, and shuffle the placement of pictures. The four collage types I recommend for using on your homemade card are as follows:


Picture Pile

Mosaic

Frame Mosaic

Grid

Once you customize your collage, you simply click “Create Collage” and it will create the collage as a picture file. You are then ready to move on to step two of creating your homemade card, which will be my next posting topic. Pictures with you and your spouse/significant other/child are my suggestions for a Valentine's Day card. I just quickly chose these pictures above to show you examples of collage options - plus I don't want to ruin the surprise for my husband.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this post....I've always wondered how people do these collages....now I do!

    ReplyDelete