Sunday, January 11, 2009

How are those resolutions coming?

How are your New Year's resolutions coming along? If you are like me, maybe you haven't even finished writing them yet! I wrote down a few ideas quickly, but have yet to type them up and actually "commit" to them. It is overwhelming deciding where to start. There are so many things I could work on and would like to, but I know I won't actually work on the goals unless they are manageable.
Growing up my parents always encouraged us to pick a goal from each "category" of our lives and I have found that to be a good way to pick a variety of balanced goals. So this year I am once again picking one or two items from each of the following categories: Physical, Mental, Social, Spiritual, and Projects (my own add-on category).

My husband has already told me he wants one of "our" resolutions to be eliminating the word "like" from our vocabulary. How did "like" become the knew word for "said?" So, that is going under one of my goals under the "Mental" category. My projects list is growing quite long, which will be good because I will have lots of fun project ideas to share with you this year.

What are your goals this year? I'd love to hear! Happy goal writing.

3 comments:

  1. I have also made using the word "like" appropriately a focus. I made it a goal for myself a while ago when David was discussing one of his law classes and mentioned there was a girl in his class who would make comments in class, but her comments were peppered with "like" so much that it was impossible to focus on the content of what she said. David said he found himself counting how many times she said "like" instead of listening to what she had to say. After that I made a mental note to try to reduce my own excessive "like" usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika,

    Okay.... I am old and can not figure out how to post anything with my name. It is alright, you can laugh.

    Cute site. You really are very organized and goal oriented. Great ideas too. You still amaze me.

    As for me, I have the same resolution each year. Be a better person this year then I was last. Always remember to smile and enjoy your life, leave people feeling good and happy to have seen you, remember you may be one person but to one person you may be the world and finally, this can all end today, make it the best day.

    I love you, Ryan and Ethan. You make me proud and I am blessed to be your Aunt.

    Aunt Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika I love this new site, and just wanted to give you our email so I can see your blog, its wakild21@gmail.com And I just got my goals together.
    Spiritual: Read from the B of M 5 minutes a day, and work on saying more meaningful prayers
    Physical: Keep going to the YMCA 5 days a week, and run in some kind of race. I don'tquite know if I'm ready for a 1/2 marathon yet:)
    Financial: this is a repeat of 2008 take over our finaces completly so Jay has more time.
    Mental: Work on bettering my piano skills.
    Personal: Be more positive, and look for the good in others.
    Well I hope I do better than I did last year, almost all failures, YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete