Saturday, September 25, 2010

How to make a hanging kitchen towel using a pot holder


I like having a hanging kitchen towel that attaches to the oven handle to wipe my hands on after I wash them. Regular towels always slide or fall, so I like these hanging towels. Mine were six years old and in sad, sad shape so I finally got around to making some. I bought the pack of towels at Target of $2 each and the hot pads at the dollar store, so if you have buttons and thread on hand these are only $2.50 each to make. These make great wedding gifts or even a gift for a friend. The instructions are pictured below.


I found it easier to baste by hand and gather rather than use the machine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea especially at the end of seasons and holidays when they are really inexpensive

    ReplyDelete