Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pencil in the Hand of God

I am reading a book by Jane Clayson Johnson called, I Am a Mother. In one of the chapters I read today it had a quote I love by Mother Teresa. She said:

"I am like a little pencil in [God's] hand. That is all. He does the thinking. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. The pencil has only to be allowed to be used."

Jane Clayson comments on this by saying, "Will the Lord look upon me one day and see an obedient servant? Will he see a woman who was willing to be a pencil in the hand of God, to do his work humbly and happily, even when it was painful and difficult?...although the story he has written for me is completely different from the version I had in my own mind, I know now that his plan is better from me than the one I had mapped out for myself. Oh, but at times, it has been painful."

No comments:

Post a Comment