Monday, March 8, 2010

Easter Flower Centerpiece

My mom introduced me to a great blog with lots of fun crafty ideas called No Fuss Fabulous and I tried out what is called the "Easter-scape Candy Vase." It is a fun, relatively inexpensive centerpiece for the Easter holiday.


Here are the supplies you'll need to make your centerpiece:

Large vase - I found mine at Wal-Mart for $5
Smaller vase or large Kerr jar (if using a fresh bouquet, won't need if using potted plant) - $1 at Dollar Tree
Small Easter candy - I used jelly beans, you'll need two or three bags - $3 at Wal-Mart
Six chocolate Easter bunnies or chicks - $2 at Dollar Tree
Fresh flowers or potted daffodil plant - $4 at Safeway
Total - $14


I chose to do a small planted daffodil plant, so it will last the entire month. That way I don't have to keep buying a fresh bouquet of flowers. I put a small newspaper ball in the center of the large vase to prop us the potted plant and to catch any water that may drip when I water it.

I then placed the daffodil pot on top. I then poured my three bags of jelly beans around the plant. I put my Easter chicks around the side of the vase on top of the jelly beans. That's it! An easy Easter center piece.

Here is what a vase using fresh flowers looks like.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea, I'm going to do this for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, But I wonder how long it would take until my centerpiece was nibbled on? Have to make a back up.

    ReplyDelete