Friday, June 12, 2009

Website Highlight: Goodreads.com

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I always have loved to read since I was a young girl. In elementary school I always won the yearly contest in my class for reading the most books. I would save my money to spend at the book fair when it came to our school each year. What can I say? I just love reading a good book.

Last year I was introduced to Goodreads. I love this site! I love being connected with my reading friends and getting suggestions on great books to read that I may not have discovered on my own.

The site allows you to rate books on a scale of 1 to 5 as well as write a review of the books you read. When my friends finish a book, an email is sent to me with their rating and review. The site lets you organize your books by read, currently reading, and to-read. I love having a whole list of books on my to-read list. When someone suggests a book, I simply add it to the list and I always have something to look forward to reading.

I have found that I read a lot more since joining Goodreads. I am always finding more books I want to read after reading others reviews. If you enjoy reading, I definitely encourage you to sign-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment